Welcome to Photo Phriday. Tonight I thought we could get all nostalgic since many of you are probably already drinking and drunk dialing your high school boyfriend anyway. So let’s dig out some of the symbols of our younger and thinner selves to find something that symbolizes who we were before life crushed our fragile spirits
Here’s mine. It’s the first cymbal from my first drum set. Notice the damage? I did that within two weeks of buying the damn kit. Why? Because I was punk as fuck. Much to the irritation of anyone who ever had to record me, I kept and played the cymbal for years afterwards. Now that I have essentially retired from the punk rock I keep it as a reminder of how much music means to me and of the great friends who I played with.
All right, get digging, I know you guys have some good stuff.
Here are the rules. For those of you who are new, or live in open threads, look here and here are your instructions (taken and modified from earlier PP posts):
- This is the magic computer code you use to make pictures appear:
- <img src=”http://www.photosite.com/yourphoto.jpg” />
- And it’s a URL of a photo, not photo file. Crasstalk doesn’t accept files from your hard drive – only from the Internet. You can upload your photo to Facebook, Flickr, TinyPic, or any other online photo hosting site to generate a URL for the photo. For many of those LOLcats/dogs/monkeys I can’t seem to quit foisting on all of you, I use ImageShack or imgur
- Also, be sure to add a few words of text with your picture so it doesn’t get tripped up in the site’s spam filter.
- To pick up an image online, right click (or ctrl-click on a Mac) on an image and select “View Image” or “Copy Image URL/Location.” Copy-and-paste the URL and plug it into the img src html code.